[Foundation-l] Draft charter of the Wikimedia Chapters Association

Osmar Valdebenito osmar at wikimediachile.cl
Sun Mar 18 23:54:31 UTC 2012

We agree that regionalization is something important and different
approaches should be considered and not only the European one.
And that's why we think it is important the idea of a council, where all
chapters are equal partners and not subordinated to a single Anglo-American
concept that has prevailed to this date.
Latin American chapters have observed the development of this Chapters
Council and we have discussed this on Iberocoop. We haven't been able to
work more on the development of this council because of the language
barriers but we have appreciated the efforts of other chapters leading this
proposal. We agree with the main points of the proposal and we think it
addresses the different problems for chapters in Ibero America (I can't say
the same for the rest of the countries outside Europe because I'm not part
of them).

Osmar Valdebenito
President of Wikimedia Chile