[Foundation-l] Draft charter of the Wikimedia Chapters Association

Michael Peel michael.peel at wikimedia.org.uk
Sun Mar 18 20:50:45 UTC 2012

Think of this more as the hub of a bicycle wheel with many spokes, rather than a centralised body. A device that makes for quicker progress than walking alone, but isn't a burdensome stone wheel.

Having a lightweight central organisation that can keep an eye on what is going on, that can provide advice, and can fix things when they go wrong is vital. Having a single organisation that everything's centralised into is monolithic, bureaucratic and ineffective in the long run.

Thanks,
Mike