[Foundation-l] Wikimedia financials - bank fees

Garfield Byrd gbyrd at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 16 01:37:23 UTC 2012

The Wikimedia Foundation's does not currently pay any fees to send money
via our bank.  We do not use Paypal very often to send money and it is
usually free for us to send money via Paypal.

In the fundraising agreement, a payment processing chapter is not required
to send money to our bank in the US.  They have the option of transferring
money to our EU bank.

As for Paypal, we currently have Paypal's lowest commercial rate for
receiving money and the Foundation has applied to get the lower charity
rate.

Garfield

Garfield Byrd
Chief of Finance and Administration