[Foundation-l] Stopping the presses: Britannica to stop printing books

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 03:54:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:

> I don't think that copying articles is the way to go.  If the two projects
> have separate articles on the same subjects that's still a very good thing.
> They can still maintain their "professional" standards, whatever that
> means. The reader can compare the two and draw his own conclusions.

I don't agree.  Once copied back to Wikipedia the articles are open for
continued editing and expanding- for better or worse.  Then we have a
comprehensive comparison between the article as it was when taken from
Wikipedia, what it looked like when rewritten and given back, and the
current state. It could make for an interesting paper.   I don't think that
the Catalan Wikipedia just protects the articles and leaves them as done,
do they?

--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan