[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Chapters Committee update

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 22:53:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

It is with great pleasure that I can announce that following the public
call for candidates, the Chapters Committee has selected five new members
to serve in approving chapters and pending further discussion on movement
roles, possibly other types of organisations.

The new members are:

   - Galileo Vidoni
   - Lodewijk Gelauff (reelected)
   - Maria Sefidari
   - Bengt Oberger
   - Tomasz Kozłowski

They are joined by:

   - Damian Finol,
   - Ray Saintonge,
   - Sebastian Moleski
   - Jeromy-Yu Chan
   - Bence Damokos (chair)

We would like to express our gratitude to Austin Hair, Vladimir Medeyko and
Nathan Carter who have helped scores of chapters on their way to approval
in their long and dedicated service in the Committee, and their service has
now ended. Delphine Ménard, one of the original members of the Chapters
Committee has applied to serve on in an advisory capacity.

(Read full resolution here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapters_Committee/Resolutions/Resolutions/Membership_March_2012_%E2%80%93_March_2012
)

We look forward to the renewed energy the new members will bring to the
Committee as we take on new challenges and try to make our work as a
Committee more efficient and transparent. Chapcom will hold an internal
meeting in Berlin on 29th March, and members of the Committee will attend
the following Chapters Meeting – please seek us out with any questions,
queries, ideas or concerns during the conference.

Best regards,
Bence Damokos
Chair,
Chapters Committee
Please note: all replies sent to this mailing list will be immediately directed to Foundation-L, the public mailing list about the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects. For more information about Foundation-L: