[Foundation-l] Author "Wikimedia Foundation" at Barnes&Nobles shop on Nook

Peter Coombe thewub.wiki at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 8 15:54:49 UTC 2012

Things like this have been sold online for a while, but funnily enough
I actually came across one of the Alphascript ones in a real-life
bookstore yesterday! (A branch of Waterstones in the UK) It was very
similar to the Marshalsea one Sarah linked, but about the film "Live
and Let Die". Actually I didn't see a price on it, suppose I should go
back sometime and check.

Picture: http://t.co/GYGMUxUx

There are actually several pages crediting contributors at the back,
albeit in very small print. http://t.co/507nGHwW And in this case I
didn't see anything indicating authorship or endorsement by WMF, so
IANAL but Alphascript may well be in the clear on these legally. The
other ones on B&N are certainly problematic though.

Peter