[Foundation-l] Controversial content software status

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:27:10 UTC 2012

2012/3/7 Juliana da Costa José <julianadacostajose at googlemail.com>:
> Andreas, you seem really maniac fixed to this theme. I am since 7 years in
> Wikipedia and never saw this pictures.
> For me are pictures from tortured persons, from war and weapons torn bodies
> and shot heads a much more terrifying that sex-pics (I spare posting
> "spectacular" links, just for attending the voyeurism), but for some
> mysterious reasons, this is no "controversial content".

Hey Juliana,

As far as I am concerned pictures of violence certainly fall under
"controversial content"; it's been defined that way in everything the
board has written too. Images that could be shocking or unexpectedly
frightening are definitely part of thinking about this whole issue.

best,
-- phoebe