[Foundation-l] [SOPA etc.] [FSF] Fwd: Blood in the water: Brett Smith reports from the latest Trans-Pacific Partnership Stakeholder Forum

Osmar Valdebenito osmar at wikimediachile.cl
Tue Mar 6 19:22:46 UTC 2012

A few weeks ago, there was a lot of fuss about TPP here in Chile because of
the secret negotiations. A lot of comparisons with SOPA, PIPA and ACTA were
raised and also criticism about it.
After the campaign against the TPP, the Chilean government published a memo
saying that intellectual propierty is currently being discussed so there
are no agreement *yet*
http://informa.gob.cl/comunicados-archivo/declaracion-publica-negociaciones-comerciales-del-acuerdo-transpacifico-tpp/

TPP is a free trade agreement being discussed by Chile, New Zealand,
Singapore, Australia, the United States, Peru, Vietnam, Brunei and Malaysia.

Osmar Valdebenito Gaete

Presidente de Wikimedia Chile

http://www.wikimediachile.cl