[Foundation-l] Controversial content software status

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 19:50:19 UTC 2012

On 5 March 2012 17:07, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 11:32 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> You do realise this has become a toxic electoral issue for the board,
>> with people who voted twice for the resolution now backpedalling?

> Just for the record, not sure where you got "voted twice"... There's
> been one vote on each resolution.

The first was the vote on the resolution:

https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Controversial_content

The second was to send a letter affirming the board still considered
the resolution a good idea:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/wiki/foundation/253393#253393

"We are not going to revisit the resolution from May, for the moment:
we let that resolution stand unchanged."

You were also the chair of the Controversial Content Working Group
that *wrote* the resolution.

> And it was not raised as an electoral issue. I think that's a little
> unfair to people (including myself) who are trying to do their best in
> a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation.

I raised it as one, here.

If you do not support the image filter, you have given *no* sign that
I have seen of not supporting it before your statement for this
selection of a board member by the chapters.

You appeared (from your actions) to support it before, you claim not
to support it now. I believe it is relevant to note this.

- d.