[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation Mid-Year Presentation to the Board, esp. Visual Editor

En Pine deyntestiss at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 4 05:42:40 UTC 2012

I appreciated this presentation. It raised many good points about successes and challenges. However, I’d like to know why the visual editor appears to be checked as a finished item in this presentation, in the slides https://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=File:Wikimedia_Foundation_Mid-Year_Review_February_2012.pdf&page=46 and https://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=File:Wikimedia_Foundation_Mid-Year_Review_February_2012.pdf&page=51. This is inconsistent with the latest information that I’m able to find about the visual editor. http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Visual_editor#Status says that the visual editor isn't scheduled for an initial rollout until June. Sorry to be critical, but I get the impression that this presentation counted the chickens several months before they've hatched.

Pine