[Foundation-l] Controversial content software status

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Fri Mar 2 04:49:21 UTC 2012

Hi.

What happened with implementing software related to controversial content?
There was quite a bit of hubbub at some point, then Wikimedia pulled back a
little (and Sue visited Germany to give some assurances)... what's the
current status of the project? Is it still a project? (If there's a project
status page somewhere with updated info, feel free to just link that.)

MZMcBride

P.S. I'm always fascinated by cases where there's an extreme contrast
between how seemingly innocuous the search term is and how explicit the
search results are. I think my current favorite case is the search for
"forefinger" on Wikimedia Commons. More examples always welcome at
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Controversial_content/Problems>.