[Foundation-l] Politico: "Wikimedia foundation hires lobbyists on sopa, pipa"

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:53:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM, cyrano <cyrano.fawkes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mike, I don't know how's the political landscape is in the USA, but you
>> would say that there is few significative corruption and collusion?
>>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_by_country#Rankings
>
> The U.S. is below most of Europe, and Qatar, but we beat France! (The
> rankings at the link is the Corruption Perception Index by Transparency
> International; as suggested by its name, its based on the perception of
> corruption as drawn from surveys rather than any empirical measurement.)

Finland finished on the bronze, behind Denmark and New Zealand?!!!

The "fix is in"!!!

On the surface this is a very frivolous post. Funnily enough I have
a serious point I have been nursing along for a while. Any
list moderators listening? There are times when the mailing
list itself can be a source of infighting and internal politics. I submit
this is not one of them, and as such, I think modified rules to the
soft moderation rules should be adopted. Blatant trolling should
get a "one strike and you are on hard moderation" response,
and monthly moderation limits should be lifted entirely. We really
are on war footing. Not bean-bags at 50 yards footing. We need
to sort things out, and more talk is a good thing, not a bad thing.