[Foundation-l] Adding a comment section under every Wikipedia article

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Sun Jan 22 22:12:10 UTC 2012

On 22 January 2012 22:08, Yao Ziyuan <yaoziyuan at gmail.com> wrote:
> For example, on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat , we can have a
> single discussion area that can both talk about the editing of this
> article and issues related to cats (e.g. petting them).

Well, English Wikinews has what you are looking for by having an
Opinions namespace. See, for instance,
https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_candidate_Newt_Gingrich_wins_South_Carolina_primary

Given that we informally refer to it as "trollspace", I'm not totally
sure of the value of encouraging low-value, anonymous Internet
comments. We aren't craven pageview whores like our friends in the
commercial news website business who are quite happy to trade
intellectual standards (seriously, read a newspaper comment column)
for advertising money.

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>