[Foundation-l] Tor guys talking about what happens when your innocent western filter shows up in a repressive state.

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 20 02:10:38 UTC 2012

Apparently tor has been having some issues dealing with filtering software that repressive regimes have been importing from the west

Here they discuss the ethics of making filter software, from their in-the-trenches perspective.

	http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DX46Qv_b7F4#t=3944s
(from tor talk at CCC)

The entire video is a fascinating discussion on how censorship works,  and how these guys are working to fight it.
I'm really impressed by what they do and how they think.

As always I wish we could cooperate with tor more.

sincerely
	Kim bruning