[Foundation-l] WikiAfrica invites you to support the Africa Incubator

francisa at africacentre.net francisa at africacentre.net
Tue Feb 28 10:58:20 UTC 2012

WikiAfrica is pleased to invite you as a self-declared African
Wikipedian to evaluate the Africa Incubator. WikiAfrica has created
the Africa Incubator to support and assist new authors, as they create
their first articles and learn the ins and outs of contributing to
Wikipedia.

The Africa Incubator is a ‘soft landing’ for new authors to
develop articles that relate to Africa. It assists them in becoming
compliant and knowledgeable of Wikipedia principles and rules. Based
within the Wikipedia framework, the Africa Incubator is fully
interactive and enables feedback, assistance and forums.

This is where we need your help! For the Africa Incubator to be
successful, it needs the intervention, interaction and experience of
Incubator Mentors. We are looking for a pool of active experienced
Wikipedians to consistently participate in ’owning’ the Africa
Incubator. Incubator Mentors will assist new comers through the
editing process. They will also help test and expand the Africa
Incubator, and will play a vital role in encouraging newcomers to be
Wikipedians for life

Please visit
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiAfrica/Incubator] to give
us your honest feedback and evaluation.

WikiAfrica is a ground-breaking project that is designed to Africanise
Wikipedia by generating and expanding 30,000 articles over two years.
Find out more about this project here
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiAfrica].

To get involved, contact Francis [wikipedian at wikiafrica.co.za]

Twitter: twitter.com/#!/wikiafrica