[Foundation-l] WMF moving from GoDaddy to MarkMonitor

Jay Walsh jwalsh at wikimedia.org
Mon Feb 13 21:35:53 UTC 2012

Hi folks - you may have seen some media coverage recently about
Wikimedia's intentions around GoDaddy.  It is true that WMF is still
planning to move 100% away from GoDaddy for all of its domain name
services.

I've been informed that we're currently working with MarkMonitor to
carry out a full switch-over, which as many of you will appreciate,
takes time. WMF is going to post to the blog and generally share this
information as soon as the process is complete.  Until then, it does
mean that you'll see in some of our DNS registrations that GoDaddy is
still listed.  We're working on it :)

Thanks - and stay tuned for more news in the next week.

--
Jay Walsh
Head of Communications