[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Announcement: Building a new Legal and Community Advocacy Department & Promotion of Philippe Beaudette

Philippe Beaudette philippe at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 10 02:23:32 UTC 2012

I'm not really sure where you get that, MZ.  Politics and lobbying were not
mentioned at all.

What was mentioned was advocacy... advocacy for the community, in varying
roles and flavors.

So to clear it up: this is not a lobbying or political wing.  Or anything
that even resembles it.  :)

There's a reasonable discussion in the page, linked from the announcement.

pb
Philippe Beaudette
Director, Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

415-839-6885, x 6643

philippe at wikimedia.org

To check my email volume (and thus know approx how long it will take me to
respond), go to http://courteous.ly/hpQmqy