[Foundation-l] Strike against the collection of personal data through edit links

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Sat Feb 4 22:45:59 UTC 2012

On 4 February 2012 13:57, Teofilo <teofilowiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also it is becoming uncomfortable to edit section 0 of an article. On
> a normal wiki article, to edit section 0, one copy-pastes the edit
> link of section 1 and changes "1" into "0". This is no longer possible
> in a reliable enough way, as the effect of changing the URL becomes
> obscure.

Changing section=1 into section=0 should still work fine - I've just
tested it. The token values seem to be the same for every section, so
it's unlikely even to confuse the data!

However, this is a bit of a hack in the first place - there's an
option in preferences to provide an edit link actually on the page for
section 0. Preferences > Gadgets, and the first entry under
"Appearance".

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk