[Foundation-l] Fw: Strike against the collection of personal data through edit links

Philippe Beaudette philippe at wikimedia.org
Sat Feb 4 22:27:16 UTC 2012

MZ is correct:  3 months is the purge for Checkuser data.

As to the rest of it, Diederick van Liere, our resident guru of data, will
be checking into this, and will confirm back when we know exactly wht is
intended by the devs for that data.  I will say that generally speaking,
the Foundation prefers to maintain the minimum data possible for the
shortest period of time.

Thanks,
pb
Philippe Beaudette
Head of Reader Relations
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

415-839-6885, x 6643

philippe at wikimedia.org

To check my email volume (and thus know approx how long it will take me to
respond), go to http://courteous.ly/hpQmqy