[Foundation-l] Call for nominations: chapter-appointed seats on the WMF Board of Trustees

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 15:21:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> The appointed members of the Board are chosen for their specific expertise
> and skill-set.  The Board does publicly identify the slots it is trying to
> fill when looking for appointees, and the qualifications that they
> require.
>
> The chapter-selected seats...nobody knows what criteria are being used,
> what specific expertise is being sought, what skill-set is being selected
> for.  The end result, as best I can see from the first two rounds, is "the
> same people who could easily have run for election, because they're well
> known and widely active in the community".
>
> Risker/Anne

Do you mean that the selection by the community applies some neutral parameters?

Do you mean that all users participating in the elections through the
community use these neutral parameters to put their vote.

Do you mean that the other seats are assigned with "open" and
"transparent" process?

I would know if your criticism is applied for the process of selection
of all seats or only for the seats of the chapters because in this
last case you miss something. And this "something" is exactly the
"neutral" evaluation of the whole process.

Ilario