[Foundation-l] WMF Engineering org charts

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 00:45:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> as I mentioned in a response to Liam the other day, we've been working
> on having org charts generated in a more automatic, scalable form.

Thank you for that.

On a meta-question that raises - there are a lot of direct reports to
the area directors.  18 people seems like a lot per director, not in
total headcount, but in direct reports.

I'm less familiar with org structure building at foundations than
commercial or government or academia, but the others tend to subdivide
more.

Has this been an observed issue within the WMF?

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com