[Foundation-l] Blog from Sue about censorship, editorial judgement, and image filters

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 12:40:48 UTC 2011

Sorry if this is *too* condensed, but here is one summary of this issue...

First attempt at labeling content was made by Uwe Kils, and his class
of students collectively logging as Vikings or something of the sort
tagged content not suitable for teenst. Jimbo banned them, but an
accomodation was made wherein they promised to not continue tagging
articles.

Then we had "Toby" . Again, by acclamation, that was squashed. It was
too ridiculous for words.

After that, numerous variations and formulations of filtering or
tagging content have been floated, and have pretty much earned their
status of the  most  perennial suggestion to always burn and crash.

And now we have a board/executive that wants to do an end run around
all that nasty history and create a fact on the ground. No, I don't
think that will fly.,
'