[Foundation-l] Blog from Sue about censorship, editorial judgement, and image filters

church.of.emacs.ml church.of.emacs.ml at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 30 08:00:57 UTC 2011

On 09/29/2011 04:37 PM, Dirk Franke wrote:
> For anybody interested: I wrote a blog-post full of disagreement :-)
>
> http://asinliberty.blogspot.com/2011/09/sorry-sue-gardner-but-image-filter.html

So basically, we find that there are two different, somewhat
incompatible definitions of Wikipedia:

* A project of pure enlightenment, which ignores the biased/prejudiced
reader and accepts the resulting limited distribution.

* A project of praxis, which seeks a balance between the goals of
enlightenment and the reader's interests, aiming at a high distribution.

-- Tobias