[Foundation-l] Blog from Sue about censorship, editorial judgement, and image filters

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 22:49:33 UTC 2011

On 29 September 2011 23:45, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 September 2011 22:46, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 29 September 2011 06:41, Keegan Peterzell <keegan.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> http://suegardner.org/2011/09/28/on-editorial-judgment-and-empathy/
>>> Pretty sound blog, no matter which position you take.  Naturally, please
>>> discuss the blog on the blog and not thread this too much back to
>>> conversation about the image filter.

>> The trouble with responding on the blog is that responses seem to be
>> being arbitrarily filtered, e.g. mine.

> Really? What did you say?

Same stuff as here (word for word). I asked Sue and she said of course
she'd approve that. I'm sure it'll be on there eventually. But a
discussion where comments get through who knows when isn't a
discussion.

>> http://achimraschka.blogspot.com/2011/09/story-about-vulva-picture-open-letter.html
>> He's the primary author of [[:de:Vulva]], and Sue called him all
>> manner of names ("who are acting like provocateurs and agitators" that
>> "need to be stopped"), but never ... actually ... contacted him to say
>> any of this *to* him. Oh, and he's a member of the board of WMDE.

> I don't think Sue necessarily meant Achim. For one thing, I don't
> think she objects to the article. It's the article (and, in

I'm sure she can make any necessary apologies directly. He certainly
feels it was directed at whoever wrote the article.

- d.