[Foundation-l] Blog from Sue about censorship, editorial judgement, and image filters

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 06:45:09 UTC 2011

On 29 September 2011 07:40, Keegan Peterzell <keegan.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:30 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> This post appears mostly to be the tone argument:
>> http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Tone_argument
>> - rather than address those opposed to the WMF (the body perceived to
>> be abusing its power), Sue frames their arguments as badly-formed and
>> that they should therefore be ignored.
>> This is somewhat problematic.

> I read a rock and a hard place.  So yeah, problematic.  By sound, I meant
> from her position.

The complete absence of mentioning the de:wp poll that was 85% against
any imposed filter is just *weird*. Not mentioning it, and not
acknowledging why someone would do that, doesn't make it go away.

As you say, this blog post reads like someone forced to defend the
indefensible, hence the glaringly defective arguments. This will
convince no-one the post claims to be addressing.

- d.