[Foundation-l] Meta main page

とある白い猫 to.aru.shiroi.neko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:59:21 UTC 2011

Oh, I was proposing something simpler than what I had on my commons
userpage. Consider something like
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:White_Cat/Gen v
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:White_Cat/de
Translators only /care/ about the text rather than the style issues and etc.
It is difficult enough finding people who can translate but expecting them
to understand complex use of html, templates and etc is just too much.

The feature you mentioned would indeed be a positive thing to keep these
pages up to date. We could also have generic translations. For example we
expect steward elections frequently, likewise we expect a  wikimania each
year. It would only make sense if these "current events" are templated on
their own.

  -- とある白い猫  (To Aru Shiroi Neko)