[Foundation-l] Image filter

David Levy lifeisunfair at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 22:51:29 UTC 2011

Milos Rancic wrote:

> There are around 300M of readers and less than 30k of the extended
> pool of editors, which brings number of 0,01%. Thus, not just
> irrelevant, but much less than the margin of statistical error.

You appear to have ignored my points regarding non-editors'
unfamiliarity with the WMF projects' core principles and the proposed
feature's logistics.  (Most members of the general public might
support the introduction of a magical flying unicorn pony that shits
rainbows, but that won't cause it to spring into existence.)

You also declined to address my point that a category-based filter
system, irrespective of its popularity among readers, could not
function without the support of editors.

And you seem to suggest that *any* on-wiki poll is inherently "irrelevant."

David Levy