[Foundation-l] A possible solution for the image filter

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Thu Sep 22 12:20:06 UTC 2011

On 22 September 2011 12:19, WereSpielChequers
<werespielchequers at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the objections is that we don't want a Flickr style system which
> involves images being deleted, accounts being suspended and the burden of
> filtering being put on the uploader.

The objection to a flickr-style concept was to the "one size fits all"
safe/not-safe rating done by a central staff.

As Stephen notes, Flickr's specific approach does involve deletion,
suspension, etc etc etc, but none of the proposals for the filter have
suggested anything like this - there's no desire to remove the images,
just to label them for display [or not] in articles.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk