[Foundation-l] Possible solution for image filter - magical flying unicorn pony that s***s rainbows

Fae fae at wikimedia.org.uk
Wed Sep 21 15:52:55 UTC 2011

WSC, I'm not sure Flickr is a great example. The restricted images
policies only work because they employ a full time set of "police
officers" with the massively unpopular duty to delete images and close
accounts (including those that have paid in advance for their "pro"
account) using their own personal judgement using a classification
system that has no clear definition, independent appeal or assessment
process.

WMF *could* force Commons to become such a policed service (perhaps by
paying admins a salary; yea where can I sign up?) but we would
probably not consider it part of an open community from that point on.

Cheers,
Fae