[Foundation-l] [Langcom-l] Ancient Greek reconstructed an analysis of a proposal for a new Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 06:37:44 UTC 2011

Hoi,
The language policy does not allow for Wikipedia in extinct languages.
However, a Wikisource for the old Greek languages does make sense.

When such a Wikisource would be created, the user interface would by default
not be in modern Greek because more people study old Greek outside Greece
then inside Greece. We do not accept a user interface in old Greek for the
same reasons we do not accept a Wikipedia in old Greek.
Thanks,
      GerardM