[Foundation-l] Three short films about Wikipedia

Lennart Guldbrandsson wikihannibal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 22:38:42 UTC 2011

Hello,

(Sorry for cross-posting this.)

In just two days, Wikimedia Sverige is once again going to participate at
the Gothenburg Book Fair, which is the second largest book fair in Europe.
Around 100 000 people come there every year from almost all of our target
groups.

This year, we have prepared three short films about why the visitors should
contribute to Wikipedia (roughly a minute each) that we will show
continuously over the four days of the fair. But before we show them for the
public, I'd like to show them to you.

Keep in mind that they are meant to be shown at a busy fair. That's why we
have no sound, including no dialogue. (I.e. we didn't foul up when uploading
them to YouTube). We only have a short sign at the end of the film with sort
of a theme stated. Since we will be there to take questions, we didn't feel
that we needed more than that.

And now, here are the links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtUJCeWNzw8 (the librarian) (the sign at the
end says: "When you look up a fact, enter it into Wikipedia as well. Next
time, it will be you that saves time.")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-voNMspnU4g (the teacher) ("Wikipedia can be
a good tool for teaching source criticism and how information is created.
Learn more about how Wikipedia works.")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ovfukCZts (the senior citizen) ("Share what
you know. Wikipedia is read by hundreds of thousands of people every day.
Maybe by your grandchild too.")

The films are licensed cc-by-sa, and will be uploaded shortly to Wikimedia
Commons, both as they are now, and with soft music.

Here is the good news: If you want a version in your language, just send us
what the sign at the end should say and we'll make it for you! Please have
at least two people proof-read it before you send it to us, to avoid
mistakes, since we probably won't be able to determine if you've made any
errors.

If you want more films like this, holler and we may make them. We have a
good team here, and can make these films pretty cheaply and quickly.

Any comments are welcome!

Best wishes,

Lennart

Lennart Guldbrandsson,
Wikimedia Sverige http://wikimedia.se
Tfn: 031 - 12 50 48 Mobil: 070 - 207 80 05 Epost:
l_guldbrandsson at hotmail.com Användarsida:
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anv%C3%A4ndare:Hannibal Blogg:
http://mrchapel.wordpress.com/

Please note that this email adress is used for mailing lists only. Any
personal emails will probably grow old before they are read. To reach me
more quickly, send your emails to l_guldbrandsson at hotmail.com. Thanks.