[Foundation-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

me at marcusbuck.org me at marcusbuck.org
Mon Sep 19 13:33:51 UTC 2011

Zitat von Tobias Oelgarte <tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com>:

> The second problem will be the categorization progress. We would
> categorize the images for others, not our selfs, and we also have no
> sources for argumentation. But there is another problem. We already
> discuss about the inclusion of images inside related articles discussion
> pages. While some image might not be appropriate for inclusion in one
> article, it might be the perfect, valuable, needed for understanding,
> maybe offensive illustration for another article.

 From what I understood the image filter will not have subjective
criteria like "a little offensive", "very offensive", "pornography",
but neutrally decidable criteria like "depicts nude female breasts",
"depicts the face of Muhammad", "depicts mutilated dead body". If you
select these criteria carefully there should be no need for any
"sources" for your decision to put a file in the criterion's category.
Either the image depicts the category topic or it doesn't.

Marcus Buck
User:Slomox