[Foundation-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Mon Sep 19 09:42:14 UTC 2011

I understand that the details (well, quite big and relevant details) of this
concept was the topic of the survey. So probably it has not been mapped out
yet (because it was/is unknown), but that would be the next step.

I also would like to make a sidenote: if the main argument of the German
Wikipedians would be that this categorization an sich would be evil because
it can be used by governments and ISP's etc, then I have to disappoint you:
even if only one project would like to make the implementation of a filter
possible for their readers, categorization would appear.

Further, categorization of images will be happening likely on Commons (my
guess) - so even if you opt out as German Wikipedia (although personally I
think it would be more interesting to do a reader survey inside the German
langauge visitors before deciding on that) it would not help that specific
scenario.

Lodewijk