[Foundation-l] A Wikimedia project has forked

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 16:18:06 UTC 2011

Hoi,
With the strategic plan it is clear and obvious that the WMF intends to
expand. It is clear that India and Brazil get serious attention. With the
creation of the "localisation team"  there is now substantial attention for
language issues and language technology. This will make the technological
gap between languages using the Latin script and languages that use other
scrips like Hindi substantially less.
Thanks,
      GerardM