[Foundation-l] Technical aspects of forking (was: 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter)

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 16:04:33 UTC 2011

Sanity in IT terms and practicality in regulatory terms don't always go hand
in hand. Transporting an image dump on a hard drive might well be the most
practical way to move that much data - though it should be encrypted at
least whilst in transit. But forking doesn't sound to me a good reason to
disclose deleted edits. Or for that matter account passwords. So that drive
would need to be an extract of the material covered in the license.

WereSpielChequers