[Foundation-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 17 15:08:19 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 03:35:44PM +0100, Peter Coombe wrote:

> Of course if you're only thinking about forking Wikipedia, rather than
> Commons, you can just use InstantCommons [1]. For English Wikipedia
> you'd still have a lot of fair use to copy, but German and many other
> languages wouldn't have that problem.
>
> That said, there really ought to be an image dump available too.
>
> Pete / the wub
>
> [1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/InstantCommons

I think we want to investigate forking commons too.

If any of you fine folks could use a vps, what specs do you need?
I prolly have a little space to make one. :-) Debian ok for starters?

I'm not sure forking is a good idea right here, right now,
but it's always useful to check that failing to
an external backup is still tractable.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning