[Foundation-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 16 11:38:41 UTC 2011

It means that the German Wikipedia has to respect DACH(German, Austria,
Switzerland)-law as well as US-law. The first affects the authors
directly. The second because the servers are hosted in US. If we don't
comply with US-law the page might be taken down by US jurisdiction. It
we don't comply with DACH-law we might be prosecuted by ourself.

Thats why we have to respect both laws and thats also why Commons needs
to comply to the law of any country that signed the previously linked
treaties.

Quite simple isn't it? But this has nothing to do with the original
topic anymore. We talked about the fact, that a big majority of the
German speaking contributers don't want that filter and how the WMF
thinks to react onto this.

Tobias