[Foundation-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 16 09:34:22 UTC 2011

Am 16.09.2011 10:40, schrieb Peter Gervai:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 10:08, Tobias Oelgarte
> <tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> A strong majority of 86% percent voted to not allow the personal image
>> filter [2] , despite the fact that the board already decided to
>> introduce the feature.
> I believe it is a fair assumption that we have voted for developing
> the feature, so wikipedias who need it can activate and use it, while
> those who do not want to use it will not request its activation, or
> will request its deactivation. I see no technical reason not to do
> that so I see no reason not to do it this way.
>
> Peter

It weren't just a poll. It was also a discussion in search for
arguments. One big issue is question on how we decide what is or might
be objectionable. From the point of an encyclopedia nothing is
objectionable, as long it is a fact and represented that way.

Another issue is the questioning in comparison to the referendum. The
referendum showed that the global community is divided. But more then 2
weeks after the referendum we still have no results per project. This
makes it impossible compare both polls and come to a conclusion what the
reasons for the different outcome is: Where it just the (manipulative)
questions of the referendum or does the German play a very different
role in global context. Something we can answer. I asked for this
results multiple times. But still no reaction whatsoever. This sucks.

Tobias