[Foundation-l] CC by-sa upheld in Germany, over a Commons photo

Chris Keating chriskeatingwiki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 22:22:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:18 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/28644
>
> FLAWLESS VICTORY! [*]

Well done to Nina Gerlach, Till Jaeger and the others involved n the process
for the success so far (I remember Matthias talking about the possibilitiy
of proceedings at the GLAM-WIKI Conference last November)

The judgement is a preliminary injunction prior to a hearing. Presumably the
respondents will present a case at the hearing - do we know if they will
present arguments that the CC-By-SA license is somehow unenforceable?
However, the description of the injunction does suggest that the court would
take some persuading that the plaintiff's rights have not been infringed....

Chris
(User:The Land)