[Foundation-l] On Wikinews

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 15 13:28:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 03:21:23PM -0700, M. Williamson wrote:
> Only the English Wikipedia, and while en.wp is our most successful project
> so far, there are other successful Wikipedias that were formed only through
> community efforts with no paid editors.

True, but they were seeded by people from the original en.wp, which
was already running at that time (and which had originally been
seeded by paid editing, and the occaisional data dump from nupedia
and gnupedia)  Also, the requirements for wikinews might be much
different from those of wikipedia, and need a different seed group.

sincerly,
	Kim Bruning