[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 05:45:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Andrew Garrett <agarrett at wikimedia.org> wrote:

>>> "Let us now prostrate ourselves at the feet of that segment of the
>>> community which opposed this idea, who we realise are the just and
>>> righteous leaders of the Wikimedia movement due to having the loudest
>>> voices, and beg for their absolution."
>>
>> "We accept the fact that our motives and motives of those who
>> supported us lay in our suppressed unconscious part of mind; that it
>> shows how deep are our fears to face the real world. But, as we said,
>> we've learned the lesson and we'll try to face reality, no matter how
>> painful it is. That's our job, as we are the leaders of Wikimedia
>> movement."
>
> Could we not?
>
> This isn't very useful to anybody.

Allow me to disagree. This very serious dysfunction in the proper
allocation of  roles in the foundation, and the boil *must* be
lanced.

I remember Florence Devouard (when she was still chair) describing
to me a chart drawn by Brad Patrick about roles and the proper
allocation of them. If either is listening, maybe they could copy the
chart for circulation around the staff and current board.

I genuinely believe that this can be an extremely useful learning
experience for the leadership. Not to be repeated; once should
be enough.