[Foundation-l] A Wikimedia project has forked

Ivay Martínez galaver at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 22:46:49 UTC 2011

I speak from the perspective of an administrator in the Spanish edition. The
fact that today Wikinews is not sufficiently relevantly, does not mean that
in the future will be equal. The project has unique values ​​and
possibilities in the future may be successful.

It is true that even within the same community of Wikipedia editors we are
treated as peripheral, but the success of projects depends not only on
the internal
work that is in them, but promotion we ourselves do it. And it does not
depend on whether Wikimedia treat us well or not.

I hope that this fork is the result of the search for a project with clear
objectives and specific goals, not the fight between a group of editors and
other. If this is the case, however much success.