[Foundation-l] A Wikimedia project has forked

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 22:41:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Tempodivalse <r2d2.strauss at verizon.net> wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> I thought the Wikimedia community should know that a large portion of WIkinews' contributor base has forked into its own project (http://theopenglobe.org) after becoming deeply dissatisfied with Wikinews. The new wiki has finished its creation stage and is about ready to publish news articles.
>
> At least nine users have pledged to support this fork, and several others (including non-WN Wikimedians) are interested - more than there are active remaining Wikinews contributors.
>
> -Tempodivalse

Hi Tempodivalse,

Thanks for the notice! I also wish OpenGlobe luck.

I went looking for discussion about this on Wikinews, and couldn't
find anything recent about this on the wikinews mailing list, the
English-language Wikinews (I didn't check the other languages) or on
Meta. I'm sure I just missed something. Can you point us to any
discussion links?

Thanks!
Phoebe