[Foundation-l] Sending announcements to this list

Tilman Bayer tbayer at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 12 08:05:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Bence Damokos <bdamokos at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:52 AM, Tilman Bayer <tbayer at wikimedia.org> wrote:

>>> I'm not subscribed to the announcements list. The idea was that
>>> everything that goes to the announcements list would also go here (as
>>> would replies to anything on the announcements list). That was
>>> supposed to be automatic, but I think there were some problems getting
>>> it to work. Could someone have another go? There must be some way to
>>> do it... (if you can't just subscribe one list to the other, how about
>>> creating a new email address that just forwards everything to
>>> foundation-l and subscribing that to the announcements list?)
>>
>> Ral315 and I spent some time figuring out how, but now it seems to
>> work: Messages from WikimediaAnnounce-l are being forwarded to
>> Foundation-l again.
>>
>> And Geoff had the (unwitting) honor of re-inaugurating the gateway ;)
>> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2011-September/068171.html
>>

> It might just be me, but I think the forwarding only works if one is
> subscribed to the foundation-l list with the e-mail address he uses
> for the wikimediaannounce-l.
> (At least I got a notice that the letter I sent to WA-l just now was
> rejected due to spam.)
Thanks for the heads-up, we'll look into it - could you forward me the
rejection notice offlist?
(For other readers: We are talking about rejection by Foundation-l.
The WikimediaAnnounce-l copy of the letter went through just fine:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaannounce-l/2011-September/000239.html
)

Regards, Tilman
--