[Foundation-l] On curiosity, cats and scapegoats

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Mon Sep 12 07:46:38 UTC 2011

> It would be systemic bias rather than a NPOV problem as such.
>

> - d.

Right, but we do have this systemic bias already in place: in ALL our
projects, the articles on localities in Sweden are longer and better
written (and better illustrated) than the articles on localities in Burkina
Faso. We could indeed initiate smth like an effort to improve articles on
localities in Burkina Faso (which may be combined with the outreach effort
in the global South or whatever keywords are currently used), but it is
clear to me that the overlap between users participating in WLM and users
capable of writing articles on Burkina Faso is close to zero if it at all
exists.

Cheers
Yaroslav