[Foundation-l] An invitation to a mailing list for Wikimedians from Central and Eastern Europe

Tomasz Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 22:54:21 UTC 2011

Dear All,
I am delighted to invite you to a dedicated mailing list which
shall serve the purpose of bringing together Wikimedians from Central
and Eastern European countries (that is, to say, east of Germany,
including Austria),

On August 6 at the 2011 Wikimania in Haifa we have decided that a
meeting for Wikimedians from CEE countries, of which an idea has been
floating in the Wikimedia world since 2005, shall take place in the next
year; Wikimedia Czech Republic has generously volunteered to investigate
the possibility of organising such a conference in Prague in February
2012.

Beside organising a CEE Wikimedia conference, we have also agreed that
we're in need of a closer and ongoing cooperation, e.g. by having
regular meetings between a local Wikimedia community and a Wikimedian
from another country. So if there will be a local Wikimedia meet-up in
your area, please share the news on the list and try to invite a user
from a neighbouring country to share your experiences and thoughts.

There is a dedicated Meta wiki page for a meet-up which may be used for
gathering ideas for a future cooperation; it's located at
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_meetup_Central_and_Eastern_Europe>.
It's a wiki, so feel free to edit it. A good idea would be for us all to
put it on the watchlist so we could easily keep track of changes.

More information on the list as well as a subscribe form are available
here: <http://tools.wikimedia.pl/mailman/listinfo/wmcee-l>. For now, the
archives are available to the list members only, but this might be
changed in the future.

Please share the news of setting up the list in your local Village
Pumps, Information Noticeboards and other mailing lists. Invite your
friends, and don't hesitate if you want to share an idea or just say hello.

Thank you!
--
Tomasz Kozłowski | [[user:odder]]