[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Draft Terms of Use forReview

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 9 04:48:47 UTC 2011

On 8 September 2011 19:01, Phil Nash <phnash at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> There's a major difference between online harassment, and robust debate,
> although most of us can tell where we draw our own lines.

Oh yikes, Phil, please don't misunderstand me! The conversations we
were having were about one or two people who have been repeatedly
harassing large numbers of Wikimedians for years. I am not talking
about editors who engage in discussions and get a bit rude; I am
talking about people who are probably seriously mentally ill.

This is not a backdoor attempt to enforce kindness. We're just trying
to support and protect editors against really very egregious
behaviour.

Thanks,
Sue

--
Sue Gardner
Executive Director

415 839 6885 office
415 816 9967 cell

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!