[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Draft Terms of Use for Review

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 22:18:40 UTC 2011

Thanks Geoff. One point that I would like some clarification on-

>    - Harassment, threats, stalking, vandalism, and other long-term issues: The proposed agreement would make clear that such acts are prohibited.
>     Novel for us, the agreement also raises the possibility of a global ban for
>    extreme cross-wiki violations, a need that we have heard expressed from a
>    number of community members. We will share that policy with the community in
>    draft form shortly.  Dealing with such matters is a process that we hope
>    volunteers will continue to lead on a day-to-day basis.

Is this a new direction? A new system that is being considered for WMF
intervention in such matters? So far, these decisions have been left solely
to local project bodies, or in the absence, to Stewards. I am wondering what
the draft is going to cover. Can someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks
Theo