[Foundation-l] PG rating

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 05:32:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Are there any encyclopedia which have been
> > classified/banned/bowlderised by any country in the last 50 years?
> >
> > If Wikipedia is a quality encyclopedia, most rating agencies would
> > decide that the content is appropriate for all ages.
>
> Britannica never had authors putting pictures of their own genitals
> throughout each volume "because NOTCENSORED".

Neither has Wikipedia. Wikipedia is not censored, but it does still select
the pictures it puts on pages based on relevance and quality. There are few
pages where pictures of 'my genitals' are applicable, and unless they are
very good photographers, there are better alternatives also on those pages.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com