[Foundation-l] Very sad news

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 8 00:27:20 UTC 2011

Oh no!

He was a true visionary and remains a personal hero of mine.  I admired his
work so much, I created a Hebrew equivalent to Project Gutenberg back in
1999.

I never got to meet him, and had been hoping to get a chance to, now that I
live in the US.  Alas.

I had just been telling one of the WMF storytellers, in an interview, about
a formative experience in my life, when a friend came over, back in
1992/1993, with a CD-ROM containing more than 500 classic works including
translations (Shakespeare, Plato, Confucius, Voltaire, you name it), and got
me forever hooked on the idea of free and open digital content.

I'll never forget Michael Hart.

   Asaf

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:52 PM, emijrp <emijrp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael S. Hart has died http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Michael_S._Hart